How much will my divorce cost and attorney fee are questions you want to know the answers to as someone going through a divorce.
You see, divorce cost a lot both financially and emotionally. As someone going through a divorce knowing how much a divorce lawyer costs and other costs/fees can help one plan accordingly. However, one has to keep in mind that predicting the exact cost of a divorce is nearly impossible as no one case is the same. So on this page, we will try to give you a general idea of the average divorce attorney fees.
So on this page, you learn about:
- Who pays attorneys fee in divorce?
- So what is the average retainer fee for a divorce lawyer?
- What is the average hourly rate for divorce lawyers
- How much does a simple divorce cost: The average cost of an uncontested divorce
- The average cost of a contested divorce
- 7 ways to reduce and keep your divorce fees low
- Getting help from a lawyer
Who pays attorneys fee in divorce?
Do I need to pay for the entire divorce upfront?
So what is the average retainer fee for a divorce lawyer?
What is the average hourly rate for divorce lawyers
So how much does a simple divorce cost: The average cost of an uncontested divorce
The average cost of a contested divorce
7 ways to reduce and keep your divorce fees low
No one divorce is the same and this is why the cost of divorce vary from one case to another. The good news is that there are some things you can do to reign the costs of your divorce which will allow you to resolve your divorce without a huge bill.
Below are some ideas that could help keep the costs of divorce low.
- Educate yourself: Educate your self about divorce, family law courts, and other related divorce issues. The more you know the more money you can save by not always asking your lawyer or getting your lawyer to do everything for you. Most lawyers will bill you hourly rates for the time they answer your questions so know as much as possible to avoid hefty divorce lawyer fees.
- Ask for a free consultation: Some law firms charge a little fee for an initial consultation so try to ask for a free initial consultation.
- Ask for affordable payment plans: Ask for affordable payment plans to help you tackle the cost of your divorce. Some attorneys offer reasonable payment options that will allow you to handle divorce costs.
- Do not litigate: Divorce trial is extremely expensive so if you have other options avoid litigating. You may win but the cost financially can put you in debt or put a financial strain in your life. Now you will have another stress as if divorce is not stressful enough. By avoiding trial you will keep your divorce attorney cost low and less stress for yourself.
- Consider collaborative and mediation divorce: Consider collaborative and mediation as these are way cheaper than other types of divorce dispute settlement. Collaborative and divorce mediation will reduce your divorce fees as you and your spouse can work out disputes without racking up huge financial bills
- Consider uncontested divorce: If you and your spouse does not have many or complicated assets, children, and do not want to fight then consider an uncontested divorce. This type of divorce is less expensive compared to contest divorce and will save you a lot of money and lawyer fees.
- Be open to compromise: Divorce is very emotional so it is very easy to not think clearly during this time and become petty. Know when to fight and when to compromise. In doing this you can reduce the cost of your divorce instead of wasting financial resources wanting to win on everything.
- Hire the right lawyer: Hiring the right divorce lawyer who will look out for your interests by being reasonable and telling you the truth even when you do not want to hear it is very important for your divorce costs. If you hire the wrong lawyer who just wants to agree with everything that you want because their legal fees will keep increasing is not good.
Next step? Contact us to speak with a lawyer about your case and get custom divorce fees for your case
If you still have some questions and want to speak with a lawyer regarding your divorce case, please contact us now to be connected with a family law attorney. When you call you can discuss your overall divorce costs, know how much a divorce lawyer fee will for your specific case, and your payment options. Calling the number on the website is free.